Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back from the Dead

I also started thinking of the return back from the dead. At church on Easter Sunday the sermon was about Jesus rising from the dead and walking among the living. I am not that familiar with the bible, but as I understand it after the two women run into him on the road he vanishes. I was considering that in some of the plays we read such as Cymbeline and the mother’s return from the dead that it relates in that way to coming back to life. Or in the Tempest when one has to clap and clapping was connected to Tinkerbell from Peter Pan: perhaps Shakespeare’s love of reading/research took the concept of death and turned into a mute point. In Shakespeare’s tragedies people die, but not usually in his comedies. If they do die it seems they are magically brought back to life. Jesus was brought back to life compare that to Tinkerbell’s clapping and you find that perhaps Jesus was brought back to life from his follower’s faith. I know there is more to the story and that he died for peoples’ sins and that he would be resurrected to be seated at the right hand of God. I think anyways…Mostly I’m just rambling about a conversation with a friend and how every year Easter is a different day sometimes a different month and Jesus was resurrected on the “said” day of Easter. I think I need to do more research before I start being called a hieratic which I am not. I just don’t know enough about the bible and history surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment